This course will help you to develop a creative approach to business that leads to true innovation.
Through design thinking and practical exercises that build on theory, you will enhance your management and leadership capabilities. You will benefit from the support and expertise of committed and research-active teaching staff with excellent academic and business experience. Visiting guest speakers with a range of specialisms and the course’s links to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) will enhance your knowledge. Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are encouraged to draw on their own experience as well as their newly acquired skills and awareness. This contributes to a dynamic learning environment that includes business simulations, innovative problem-solving and blended learning.
Approaching business problems creatively, you will develop a skill set for tackling complex issues based on thoroughly understanding client needs, collaborative working, cross-disciplinary thinking, personal reflection and rapid prototyping of new ideas. At the masters’ stage, you can complete a dissertation or business case, or put together a business development plan to reflect your personal career goals.
You will have the opportunity to apply your learning and gain real experience as a consultant working with local businesses, helping them to tackle the challenges they face.
The course will also help you to change your mindset to be an entrepreneur and develop your innovation skills.
- Leadership by Design
- Innovation and Change by Design
- Project Management
- International Management Project
- Strategic Management
- Consultancy Intervention
You will develop your view of leadership and management through teamwork, group interaction, case studies, business simulation and work-based learning and reflection.
Work is assessed through presentations, independent projects, essays and portfolio review, business cases and business venture proposals.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- We will consider a comparable professional or postgraduate qualification
- Ideally you will have a minimum of two years' management/supervisory experience; however, applications will be considered on an individual basis
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (no less than 5.5 in writing and in any other band) or equivalent
- Students coming from a Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) Level 7 entry route will be exempted from part of the course.
This course equips students with the leadership expertise and analytical skills to excel in management and consultancy roles in many areas of business, including accounting and finance, human resources, marketing and operations, and programme management. It’s also suitable for those who wish to run their own business.
Deze school biedt programma's in:
Laatst bijgewerkt op December 31, 2017